Smile big, hug bigger. Talk big, act bigger.
Stop judging do something, shut the fuck up do something.
Instead of sneering at my friends and me
‘cause we’re not stealing buy a troubled friend a drink at the bar and tip well.
I think Netflix just explained Attack on Titan to me.
The NYPD tried to start a hashtag outpouring of positive memories with their police force.
If this were ever a bad idea, it was probably the worst idea for arguably the most corrupt police force in America.
What the person running the Twitter account probably failed to realize is that most people’s interactions with the cops fall into a few categories:
1. You are talking to them to get help after you or someone you knew was robbed, beaten, murdered, or sexually assaulted.
2. You are getting arrested.
3. You are getting beaten by the police.
In category 1, you are probably not going to be like, “Oh, let me take a selfie with you fine officers so I can remember this moment,” and the other two categories are not things that the NYPD would like people on social media talking about. Additionally, the people who use Twitter a lot (and who aren’t Sonic the Hedgehog roleplayers) are the type who love fucking with authority figures. In any case, #myNYPD quickly became a trending topic in the United States, largely because people were tweeting and retweeting horrific images of police brutality perpetrated by New York City cops.
In which the NYPD’s attempt at “public relations” backfires tremendously.
this had me dying of laughter
[re: this post]
I think that your disingenuous question reveals some agency and just how little you seem to know about racism
If you seriously think that PBO actually “creates racial tension”…smh…if anyone lays ANY of the fault for so-called “racial tension” at his feet, well then, that’s a pretty good sign that they’re probably racist or anti-Black af, because the president hasn’t said or done one single thing thing to remotely make anybody think such fuckery
Were you not so intent on projecting White pathology and pretending that it is President who Obama somehow *creates* “racial tension” (by simply being president-while-black I guess), maybe you would have noticed a little something I like to call a fucking hyperlink that was included in the the original post
For anyone else who is actually interested, HERE is that link again. Please note the part where the link contains very easily verifiable ~*facts*~ like how
1. Ronald Reagan was against the Voting Rights Act of 1964 and 1965 — Reagan was against Black people having the right to vote — because, among other “totes not racist” reasons, Reagan feared that the law might somehow be “humiliating to the south" (like, that’s what was shameful or humiliating, according to Saint Ronny. Not the soul crushing racism White people inflicted on Black people, not the beatings, not all of the “unsolved” murders and lynchings endemic of the south, but a law finally allowing Black people to vote…that’s what he thought might be humiliating for the south…go chew on that for a while)
2. Reagan very actively opposed ending the racist practice of Apartheid in South Africa, and he placed Nelson Mandela on a terrorist watch list, and even wanted him to remain jailed
4. Reagan knowingly launched his political campaign a scant few miles away from Philadelphia, Mississippi, the very place where James Cheney, Andrew Goodman and Michael Schwerner were murdered for engaging in the Civil Rights struggle. He did not pick that place to heal any of America’s racial wounds. Reagan picked that place to show solidarity with “aggrieved” White southern men
5. Throughout his campaign, Reagan frequently employed Atwater’s Southern Strategy in his stump speeches, by repeatedly using phrases like “lazy welfare queens” and “strapping young bucks" when referring to young Black women and men, and ofc he invoked the perennial racist’s anthem, “States Rights”
I could go on, but I don’t think you are actually interested in the truth or hearing a real answer -this is the internet in 2014 and facts and answers are easily found and verifiable, without jumping into someone’s ask box to ask questions you likely don’t really want answers to. Such people are more interested in protecting White supremacy and a race baiter like Reagan…literally one of the worst, most economically harmful presidents in recent American history (and I won’t bother re-listing any bullet points, as they are also in the original post)
So I’ll just top off this post for any people who legitimately may not have known about “Saint” Ronny (because they do not teach this stuff in any schools)
Make no mistake…every single Republican president since the Civil Rights era of the 1960s has played some role in actively and knowingly undoing much of the racial progress and social justice which so many people fought and died for, but Reagan was arguably the most pivotal of them all. He and his protege, George H. W. Bush, bridged the gap and carried the torch from America’s Jim Crow era to today. They continued with planting the seeds for an exploding (asynchronously Black) prison population, with a so-called “War on Drugs” and the resulting criminalizing of Blackness and much of the Nixonian level corruption, and economic inequality we that are trying to survive today
Republicans, conservatives or Libertarians who literally try to whitewash and sanitize Reagan’s history, while casually alleging (with no examples, hint: there are none) that PBO is racially divisive are not to be taken seriously
being racist = a-okay
being black = creating racial tension
nah, when i took mine regularly back in high school id just talk a lot more often and a lot faster which was kind of a mixed blessing. then after a while i started getting minor chest pain and major hand tremors after drinking caffeine and then i started getting heart palpitations whenever i stood up too fast and also the edges of my vision would go black and id see little bright dots everywhere so i stopped
The famous khachkar at Goshavank known as “Aseghnagorts” (The Needlecarved)